Learn more about water treatment
Affordable, Effective, Eco-Friendly Solutions for Great Quality Water.
Water Treatment can solve the problems or concerns you have with your water quality.
The first step is understanding the make-up of your water. Does your water come for a municipality or from a private well source? What’s in the water? Municipal water users receive an annual water quality report mandated by the EPA that reveals where your water comes from, what it is treated with and what impurities they found during sample testing.
There are test can be done to determine what your specific needs are. On municipal water the test are fairly simple and are offered free of charge. For well water more comprehensive testing is needed and can be done for a reasonable charge to cover lab fees.
Water treatment falls into to major categories listed below:
- Water Filtration
- Water Conditioning
Water filtration reduces and/or removes impurities in your homes water supply. Filtration can occur either at the point of entry, filtering all of the water in the home, or at the point of use, filtering the water from that specific outlet.
Water Conditioning is used to control the issue of calcium and magnesium in water that can cause scale problems.
Why do you need Water Treatment
Filtered water is clearly better
- Odor free, great tasting filtered water lends to increased water consumption which has health benefits
- Chemicals used in municipal water treatment, and their by-products, are not desirable for you to consume
- Refilling bottles for on the go consumption is saves money and waste as well as more convenient than bottle water
- Your body is a sponge and when you bathe and your lungs are filters than inhale the chemicals in the shower steam, so drinking good water isn’t enough
Hard water really is harsh
- Conditioned water lathers up better and requires less soap usage
- Scale build up on your fixtures is eliminated with conditioned water
- Soft water increases the efficiency of water using appliance and extends their productive life
Water Conditioning Systems
Point of Entry Water Conditioners protect your home and water using appliances from scale
Scale build-up can wreck havoc on your home’s plumbing system and water using appliances efficiency and life expectancy.
We offer two options for solving scale problems:
- Traditional Water Softeners
- FLOW-TECH Home anti-scale systems
- Water softeners are not water filters and do not remove many of the impurities that are of common concern for water quality. For more information on water filters, click below.
- Water Filters
How the FLOW-TECH Home anti-scale system works
Unlike traditional water softeners that remove calcium and magnesium ions from your water by exchanging those ions with a potassium or sodium ion, FLOW-TECH induces a low frequency signal that is pulsed several thousand times per second and propagates that signal throughout your entire plumbing system. This electromagnetic signal reverses the charge on the minerals that are dissolved in the water. The charge reversal allows the minerals to stay in suspension instead of falling out of suspension when they are heated (like in a water heater) or when pressure increases. Minerals in suspension pass harmlessly through the system and ultimately flow down the drain.
Because the minerals are not removed during this process the “hardness” of the water is not affected, but the harmful effects of that hardness are tremendously reduced. Because the minerals are still present in the water, you may have some spots on dishes when the water evaporates. This can be cared for through the use of jet-dry or household vinegar works just as well. The great news is that the system is maintenance free and extremely eco-friendly as no backflush is required wasting water and there is no discharge of salt into the sewer system.
Benefits of FLOW TECH HOME
- Saves money as less soap and detergent is required
- Does Not Use Salt or Chemicals eliminating maintenance costs
- Protects Appliances and Fixtures
- Removes Existing Scale Build-up
- Increases Energy Efficiency of water using appliances
- No Maintenance Required
- Saves Space
- Environmentally Friendly and Healthy
- 3 Year Warranty
- No Drain or Wasted Water
How Traditional Water Softeners Work
Traditional water softeners remove calcium and magnesium ions from your water by exchanging those ions with a potassium or sodium ion. Removal of these minerals eliminates the possibility of scale build-up. Systems are maintained by adding salt or potassium periodically to the brine tank attached to your softener tank. It is worth noting that in some areas water softeners are being banned due to the challenges caused in trying to treat the water after it leaves your home.
Benefits of Traditional Water Softeners
- Healthier and softer skin
- Brighter and softer clothes
- Shower stall without water spots
- Shiny and more manageable hair
- Save money on soaps and detergents
- Spot-free dishes using less soap
- Prolong the life of your water heater by reducing scale buildup
- Prolong the life of your dishwasher
- Prolong the life of your faucets and all pipes
- 10 year warranty on all parts
- 5 year warranty on media